2020 Golf imagined with Arteon styling - 2019 8th Gen VW Golf Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

2020 Golf imagined with Arteon styling

A new rendering has just popped up online, which aims to update the Golf with some of the Arteons styling cues. It actually doesn't look as bad as I was anticipating and I know there have been mentions that the new Passat will be moving in this direction.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 10:33 AM

Not a big fan of the larger grille, which I think would look even worse on performance trims. Since VW has made changes to the Jetta for this year, I do think we will see some smaller tweaks for the Golf as well.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 10:25 AM

Personally I don't think the VW should be using styling cues from the Arteon across their lineup. That's not only going to decrease interest in it, but it will also make the price point more difficult to justify.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 07:59 PM

Does anyone else see a pug dog when seeing the front end of this golf rendering? If VW actually produces a Golf that looks like this I'll have a hard time forgetting what it looks like!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Personally I don't think the VW should be using styling cues from the Arteon across their lineup. That's not only going to decrease interest in it, but it will also make the price point more difficult to justify.
The Arteon is the styling direction that VW is heading in across the lineup. Since it's already been significantly delayed for NA, I don't see the harm in offering similarly designed models. I think its more likely to hit the Passat before the Golf.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 11:35 AM

Streamlining their designs across their lineup will help them to cut costs and deliver more affordable models. There is a lot more to the new Arteon besides it's aggressive front fasica.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPhil View Post
Streamlining their designs across their lineup will help them to cut costs and deliver more affordable models. There is a lot more to the new Arteon besides it's aggressive front fasica.
Driving dynamics will be a big one, but overall VW is in a strong position that can be improved if they pull over more watered down features from Audi.
Toyota and even Honda benefit from doing that, often coming out with products that outpace where they got inspiration from.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page