Greetings - 2019 8th Gen VW Golf Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Greetings

Hello ladies and gents,

New to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm currently on the search for a new hatchback and you best believe the golf is in my top 3. That being said I've never owned a german vehicle before and I'm not sure what exactly to expect. I have friends who swear by them and others who suggest I steer clear. Looking forward to learning more!
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 09:54 AM

Welcome fellow hatch lover. I think those who swear against German automobiles are still looking at the vehicles of the past, where they weren't as reliable and more prone to problems than what automakers currently produce. Sure there are recalls from VW, but Japanese brands like Toyota issue recalls as well.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 02:58 PM

Welcome.

What vehicles have you owned and currently own right now?
Germans cars are great for the fact they often come with advanced driving tech. In the Golf's case, its adaptive suspensions system has been a big selling point to those looking for a better handling vehicle.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Currently driving a 2015 Kia Forte and for as long as I can remember I've owned various Japanese/Korean vehicles. I know the build quality difference in the past was the biggest reason for this, as reliability was always my biggest concern. Right now I'm simply looking to upgrade to something with more space and of course higher performance.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page