Hey guys - 2019 8th Gen VW Golf Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Hey guys

New forum member here. Long time driver of Volkswagen vehicles, currently driving a Passat. Really curious to see what VW has coming down the pipeline for the next generation of Golfs. I really hope that VW is able to put dieselgate behind them, and prove to their loyal consumer base that they have learned from their mistakes. Fingers crossed that the new Golf models take the hatchback segment by storm.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 02:01 PM

Which year and model of Passat do you have? Going from that to the Golf is quite the move because often people I know that own a Passat can't see themselves going with anything smaller. Instead its often slightly smaller (Jetta) or another sedan just as big as the Passat.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

I have a 2013 Passat VR6 SEL. I haven't decided as of yet to swap to a Golf, I may just be adding it to my garage for something a little more fun to drive. As for now everything is just hypothetical as we don't know that much about the new Golf and its trim offerings. How about you? What are you currently driving?
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasGary View Post
I have a 2013 Passat VR6 SEL. I haven't decided as of yet to swap to a Golf, I may just be adding it to my garage for something a little more fun to drive. As for now everything is just hypothetical as we don't know that much about the new Golf and its trim offerings. How about you? What are you currently driving?
If you want sportier driving characteristics then the Golf is what you want. To me features like the adaptive suspension that's currently offered is a big incentive and hard to get away from.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page