Salutations - 2019 8th Gen VW Golf Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Salutations

Hello forum members. I've owned several different Golf models over the years, and I'm considering getting back into the brand, should VW finally make some updates to it. Imo the Golf has been extremely stagnant over the past couple years, and I had very little interest in owning one of their newer cookie cutter designs. The last model I owned was a 2009 Rabbit.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 10:46 AM

Glad to have a new member here! I agree that VW has fallen into a bit of a styling slump as of late, but it looks like those tides may be changing with the new Jetta and Passat. Imo they have the best looking electric lineup, which for the first time in years features all new original designs.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 11:09 AM

Welcome! At lot has changed in terms of technology since your last VW, and considering what they delivered with the new Arteon, I think some more original designs are on the way. It does look like they have to make some cuts/changes to a couple of the performance trims however due to more strict WLPT regulations.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 06:22 PM

I have some hope in Audi's new E-Tron program rubbing off on VW's.

VW Group is massive and thus, if Audi gets changes as massive as this you can expect it to apply elsewhere, even right from the platforms being used.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! Their ID lineup does look pretty good, but I'm not sure if they'll actually be able to deliver on it by 2020. Even if they are able to bring it to market on time, I think they are going to have a difficult time keeping up with demand. We've already seen that happen with the e-Golf.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Thanks for all the warm welcomes! Their ID lineup does look pretty good, but I'm not sure if they'll actually be able to deliver on it by 2020. Even if they are able to bring it to market on time, I think they are going to have a difficult time keeping up with demand. We've already seen that happen with the e-Golf.
Good news for you and others interested is that VW is set to kick off production in November 2019.

The first will be an I.D. Crozz crossover followed by a hatch.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 11:15 AM

I do wonder how much of these concepts we'll see in production models, because they are a pretty far departure form the brands traditional body language. It was an odd move from VW not to offer either the T-Roc or T-Cross in NA.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 05:28 PM

Tesla did set the tone for what a compact and mid-size EV should be like, and then we also have GM with the Chevy Bolt, as a result I can't imagine it being far off from this Concept.
The Tesla overtones are hard to ignore.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 11:17 AM

VW has already mentioned that they are still developing a crossover for NA, and I'm assuming that it will launch prior their ID lineup. Although I doubt it'll be offered as a cabriolet , which has been rumored for the T Roc.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasGary View Post
VW has already mentioned that they are still developing a crossover for NA, and I'm assuming that it will launch prior their ID lineup. Although I doubt it'll be offered as a cabriolet , which has been rumored for the T Roc.
Any idea what pricing might be like? After seeing the Jaguar I-Pace start from $68,000 USD it creates a ceiling of price for lower tier car makers like VW. If this VW becomes a sub-$45,000k product, it'll be a winner. That I feel is the sweet spot of price to meet.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page