2019 VW Golf To Be Produced Elsewhere - 2019 8th Gen VW Golf Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

2019 VW Golf To Be Produced Elsewhere

Volkswagen will stop producing the Golf in their Mexico plant in 2019, right when the new model is to be released. Not quite sure what the reason behind this move is, but some say it's due to quality concerns with models coming out of Mexico.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/v...19-120892.html
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 11:37 AM

Production will be moving to Europe and I honestly don't think quality will go up in the next Golf just because of the move. I assume VW has quality inspectors at the Mexico plant.

This is probably the real reason:
Quote:
But demand for the North American version of the Golf has been steadily declining too, as more and more people crave crossovers.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 12:01 PM

I've never heard any news about quality changes after moving production to a different country or even a part of the world. However, I have a friend from Europe and he told me that he felt that difference when he rented BMW in US. It was used though, so I assume that there could be some mechanical issues not related to manufacturer.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-2017, 10:40 PM

I bet that rising costs might be one of the reasons so who knows they might move over the sea to somewhere in Asia to do production. Labor is even cheaper on that end. I personally would like to see that happen.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRSIX View Post
I bet that rising costs might be one of the reasons so who knows they might move over the sea to somewhere in Asia to do production. Labor is even cheaper on that end. I personally would like to see that happen.
Well, I like this idea! There are a lot of examples (not in the car market though), where companies relocated their manufacturing to China and became even more successful in what they do. Hope there is not going to be any quality decrease related to this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page