What Improvements You're Hoping To See - 2019 8th Gen VW Golf Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

What Improvements You're Hoping To See

New models usually gets a few upgrades here and there, just wondering what everyone is hoping to see on the new VW Golf. For the next Golf R, I'd like to see an optional sunroof and a bit of weight loss.
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 11:50 AM

I hope we get an adaptive suspension that does a better job at getting rid of body roll which right now isn't too bad but it can always be better especially when compared to what the Golf is up against. It will give it the edge it needs.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 11:46 AM

Performance hatches are coming into the market by the bucketload and the new Golf will definitely need something to help it pull ahead. Of course design is important, but so is performance and an adaptive suspension could work. Thought how much would that cost?
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 11:17 AM

Volkswagen really needs to do something new with the exterior styling of the next generation Golf. With so many hot hatches on the market, I really hope we don't get just another golf with different lights. I've seen some pretty sweet renderings online and I hope VW utilizes the same level of creativity. We know we wont be disappointed with what they put under the hood, as they've always put the driving experience first.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPhil View Post
Volkswagen really needs to do something new with the exterior styling of the next generation Golf. With so many hot hatches on the market, I really hope we don't get just another golf with different lights. I've seen some pretty sweet renderings online and I hope VW utilizes the same level of creativity. We know we wont be disappointed with what they put under the hood, as they've always put the driving experience first.
Lucky for us we got a look at the concept below which although wild it is a clear example of what intentions they have right now. To me it instills a lot of confidence in the upcoming 8th Golf:

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 02:11 AM

What concept is that? Looks like something that belongs at SEMA with that odd visor covering half the headlights. I can see the lower grille going into production, but not much else.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 11:10 AM

I've seen that headlight visor on a bunch of different models, and I don't mind the red accenting that it provides. Could look pretty neat with some aftermarket tinting. I really like the door lip/ fender venting on this concept and I hope Volkswagen tries to do something this unique on the next generation of the golf.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey View Post
What concept is that? Looks like something that belongs at SEMA with that odd visor covering half the headlights. I can see the lower grille going into production, but not much else.
Its the Golf GTE Sports Concept.
All I hope we see on the upcoming golf is great emphasis on the cabin much like what this concept does. Its what a lot of new hypercars have their design based around. Would be nice to have it on an affordable level like this.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 11:06 AM

That's always the compromise, can something with such high end styling be manufactured at a reasonable price. And if that's a GTE concept, does that mean it also delivers on the 50+MPG found in the older models of the hybrid GTE? The main problem with the older GTE models is a very high entry price point in comparison to other entry level hybrids.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 09:55 AM

Speaking of interior, I wouldn't mind seeing a more sleek setup for the center console because the layout looks off to me. The small knobs on either side of the screen should be bigger to reduce empty space. But this is just me nitpicking.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page