Golft GTI TCR Germany Street - 2019 8th Gen VW Golf Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Golft GTI TCR Germany Street

Another incredible concept from Worthersee 2018, and this one packs more punch than a Golf R. It's turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder petrol engine has been tuned to deliver 355hp and 347lb-ft of torque. The tuner claims that its capable of sprinting from 0-60 in just over 5 seconds, with a top speed of 170mph. It also features an aggressive body kit that includes new air vents, a roof spoiler, a diffuser, side skirts and more. Those interested can actually place an order for a conversion kit, or get the complete vehicle.
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 11:22 AM

Incredible concept and an awesome trailer to boot. Seems to be no shortage of impressive models from this years Worthersee. Since there has already been some indication that VW will release street variants based on some of the ideas, I am curious which design they are going to go with. At least fans of this model will be convert their stock GTI to match. What are we thinking in terms of price? Like $10k?
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 07:42 PM

At the very least they should offer some parts that slightly improve performance if a road going model doesn't come out. Incremental steps always work.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

I mean considering all the changes that have been made here, I would guess that $10k is pretty conservative. And say you do go and order the kit, how exactly does it get installed? I would assume you'd have to deliver your car to have the conversion completed?
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 08:44 AM

That won't be a problem, just like what was done in the past, people can get it installed with the dealerships bodyshop or their own. On the flip side VW can offer them prepainted.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 11:18 AM

Seeing as how its more than just a body kit, but also a pretty substantial tune, I'm curious if dealerships will actually support this kind of modification. Guess we'll have to see what VW plans on offering with the TCR production model, because I have a feeling it will be heavily detuned.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

It is surprising to see VW supporting aftermarket modifications, considering they have been notoriously against them in the past. I recall having to remove any aftermarket parts prior to getting any warranty work done on previous VW's, whether the parts we're related or not. I really like the looks of that roof spoiler, which would be easy enough to install myself.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 11:05 AM

I wonder if they plan on offering the decals in a kit as well, because I think they make a huge difference in the overall look of the car, especially in a white finish. Really like the trunk decal that says "2 Fast 4 You!?!"
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasGary View Post
It is surprising to see VW supporting aftermarket modifications, considering they have been notoriously against them in the past. I recall having to remove any aftermarket parts prior to getting any warranty work done on previous VW's, whether the parts we're related or not. I really like the looks of that roof spoiler, which would be easy enough to install myself.
FCA allows this and it works well. Just look at the culture surrounding some of their brands like Jeep and Dodge.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Well most of the modifications we see on Jeeps and pickups are accessories. Rarely do we see any changes made to their ECU's. I just find it a little surprising the VW has interest in releasing a production model of these custom builds, as it could very well compete with sales for the Golf R.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page