The greatest VW Golf collector in the world - 2019 8th Gen VW Golf Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

The greatest VW Golf collector in the world

Just came across this article, which showcases Josef Juza, who has collected 114 different models of the Golf throughout the years. He even has some incredibly rare one off models, that never even saw production. They are all in original condition, and have been left in the same state they were purchased in. He plans in 2019 to possibly organize the collection so it can be an open exhibition for the public.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 12:20 PM

How is someone able to get their hands on models that never went into production? That would mean they were concepts and those are usually kept by the manufacturer or crushed.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 10:38 AM

Man he could probably fetch a pretty penny for some of those models, especially if he cleaned them up a bit. It was probably quite a bit easier to get your hands on one off models 30-40 years ago. I'm surprised that VW hasn't tried to buy them back. Maybe they will now with some exposure.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPhil View Post
Man he could probably fetch a pretty penny for some of those models, especially if he cleaned them up a bit. It was probably quite a bit easier to get your hands on one off models 30-40 years ago. I'm surprised that VW hasn't tried to buy them back. Maybe they will now with some exposure.
He sure will because slowly the market for collectible cars for the average joe is transitioning into vehicles from the 80's and even 90's. VW's from that era along with many other German car makers produced some of the best vehicles around.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

I personally would love to see some of these classic models redesigned as EV's. Those kinds of one off conversions are becoming extremely popular amongst enthusiasts, and I think its great to be able to bring practicality back to an outdated platform.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasGary View Post
I personally would love to see some of these classic models redesigned as EV's. Those kinds of one off conversions are becoming extremely popular amongst enthusiasts, and I think its great to be able to bring practicality back to an outdated platform.
Usually once cars get as old as these are they're exempt from most safety and emissions regulations. I just wouldn't expect to see them show up in great numbers. Already its hard enough spotting VW's from that era on the street and even at VW meets. I see some Rabbits but that's it.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 10:44 AM

I cant believe that VW already developed an electric model (The Stromer) nearly 35 years ago. I don't think it was capable of much electric range, and I believe most of these models have been bought back by the company. I'm sure the main limitation was the cost of the technology back then.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPhil View Post
I cant believe that VW already developed an electric model (The Stromer) nearly 35 years ago. I don't think it was capable of much electric range, and I believe most of these models have been bought back by the company. I'm sure the main limitation was the cost of the technology back then.
You'd be surprised by how far electric cars go which is as early as the ford model T, some sources suggest even a bit before that.
As long as oil companies have billions of barrels to pull from and haven't fully sunk their teeth into electric then gasoline will be used heavily.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page