VW cuts Golf lineup in U.S. to Value Edition trim - 2019 8th Gen VW Golf Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

VW cuts Golf lineup in U.S. to Value Edition trim

The 2020 Golf lineup will look a bit differently in the US, the regular Golf with be offered exclusively with a "Value Edition" rather than the S and SE trims. https://www.motor1.com/news/363792/v...ue-edition-us/

Quote:
While the 2019MY regular Golf was available in S and SE trims, the 2020MY will be offered exclusively in a new Value Edition flavor. As standard, the compact hatchback comes nicely equipped with heated front seats, keyless access with push-button start, and a panoramic sunroof. To sweeten the pot, VW also throws in 16-inch alloys, heated washer nozzles, and leatherette seating. In addition, the Value Addition comes with a next-gen telematics system and standard Wi-Fi capability provided you subscribe to a data plan.
For the GTI there will still be S and SE trims available, but VW has added Front Assist, Blind Spot Monitor, and Rear Traffic Alert as standard features for both trims.

Quote:
As for the performance-oriented Golf GTI, it can be had in the usual S and SE trim levels, but now Front Assist, Blind Spot Monitor, and Rear Traffic Alert are standard across the range. The hot hatch also gets the regular Golf’s newly added telematics and Wi-Fi tech. Go for the better-equipped SE and an optional Autobahn Package will add an upgraded infotainment system with navigation, along with dual-zone automatic climate control, lane and light assist systems, as well as cruise control and a Fender sound system.

Oddly enough, VoA doesn’t say anything about the flagship Golf R. As for the e-Golf, the previously optional Driver Assistance Package is now standard for both SE and SEL Premium trim levels and bundles the following kit: adaptive cruise control, rear traffic alert, blind spot monitor, and front assist.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Also, I'm really curious to see that they didn't confirm anything about the Golf R. Hopefully it's not the last we see of it.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 07:57 PM

Sucks to see Golf trims hitting the chopping block. Ever since Audi started selling cheaper vehicles I seen this coming.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRSIX View Post
Sucks to see Golf trims hitting the chopping block. Ever since Audi started selling cheaper vehicles I seen this coming.
It looks like they are scrapping the Golf R, which is a **** shame, and the plan I guess is to promote the Audi S3 more. https://www.forbes.com/sites/bryanca.../#707b6f113a1e
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 10:54 PM

VW's upcoming ID electric vehicle line up is part of it. This move just had to happen.

Targeting the VW crowd and those that shop entry-level is essential.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page