2019 8th Gen VW Golf Forum

2019 8th Gen VW Golf Forum (https://www.8thgolf.com/forum/)
-   Electronics, Audio, and Lighting (https://www.8thgolf.com/forum/26-electronics-audio-lighting/)
-   -   2019 Golf to have MB dual screens (https://www.8thgolf.com/forum/26-electronics-audio-lighting/904-2019-golf-have-mb-dual-screens.html)

DasGary 06-11-2018 11:14 AM

2019 Golf to have MB dual screens

According to a new report by Autoevolution, VW will be putting plenty of new tech in the next generation Golf. Not only will it debut with new engine options and safety tech, but also a significantly redesigned interior. It is believed that the new two screen setup will manage all of the cars functions and will be standard throughout the trim levels. This could mean however that we will be seeing a higher base price.

SirPhil 06-12-2018 10:51 AM

Glad to hear that VW is finally making some changes to their infotainment system, which imo is long overdue. Though a lot of the A-Class functions can be controlled via voice command, which I doubt will be possible in the new Golf.

DasGary 06-13-2018 12:40 PM

Even if it does lack proper voice command functionality, it will still be a welcomed improvement over the current outdated cabin. Though its true that traditionally we've only see this kind of setup in premium models, which suggests that it's probably expensive to place. They could always reserve it to an optional tech package.

VRSIX 06-13-2018 05:47 PM

Systems like Google Assistant that is always developing and will be integrated in most devices we have should make voice commands easier.

SirPhil 06-14-2018 11:26 AM

I think its probably likely that it will stay an optional package on base models, but we could see something similar offered as standard in the upcoming Golf R/ GTI. I do agree that the cabin is one area where VW has been lagging behind its competitors.

VRSIX 07-03-2018 07:13 PM

Lucky for VW this is a product that without tech features that most buyers look for can come optional at an extra cost. Any segment beyond this and expectations start to change.
However brands like Toyota are slowly catching up.

DasGary 07-05-2018 10:50 AM

If Mercedes was able to make their dual screen setup standard across trim levels in the new A-Class, I don't know why VW cant do the same. Although MB is a premium brand, the entry level A-Class is pretty reasonably priced.

VRSIX 07-10-2018 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DasGary (Post 7328)
If Mercedes was able to make their dual screen setup standard across trim levels in the new A-Class, I don't know why VW cant do the same. Although MB is a premium brand, the entry level A-Class is pretty reasonably priced.

VW also being part of Audi has to be careful, also they can't offer too much being a non-luxury brand. Looking at rivals brands, VW is doing everything they can. The Arteon is the only product I'd expect dual screens on and it does. Without, they're sabotaging the product.